Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Quotes from Ellen, Portia, Will

Watched a good few. Inspired by many of the themes spoken about. Love, relationships, family, career, spirituality, purpose, goals etc. Y'know it's Hollywood and all this but it is what you take from it, and this is just bliss for me. Seeing people come out not only stronger and wiser from life experience; but more loving, open and compassionate, too.

"Greatness is at the edge of destruction. The reason someone becomes great is because they survived death. That's what made you great; You were almost over." Will Smith, the Smith family interview on Oprah

"I work really hard at trying to see the big picture and not getting stuck in ego. And I think there is an energy. spirit and soul and an intelligence that we can't possibly fathom, and I want to be connected to that."
We're all put on this planet for a purpose, and we all have a different purpose. It's our journey, if we follow that journey, - if we connect with that love, and that compassion, that's when everything unfolds." Ellen, on Oprah

"I used to think the way to be strong was to be tough. The way to be independent was to not need anyone. But she's taught me that the more vulnerable you are, and the softer you are, and the more you allow people into your life and into your heart, the happier you are, and the more valuable you are to other people. She's taught me that who I am is perfectly good enough, and that I don't have to pretend to be anyone other than who I am. And that's the most incredible gift, that anyone could give to anybody that they love." - Portia, on The Ellen Show

No comments:

Post a Comment