Sunday, March 9, 2014

Dream Journal Entry #9— Run, Debbie, Run

I was in these 5 inch black pointed, peep toe stilettos and  a rose pink dress (or whatever shade those bridesmaids dresses were)– strange.  I was walking out of church, and church was what seemed to be a pyramid, and the staircase I was going down ran on an entire side of it.

I'd just got done getting married. Actually, I was pretty sure I got married yesterday, but anyway. I caught myself thinking, cool,  I can walk in pointed stilettos without thinking twice, given we were so high up, and it's a long way to roll down. 

Alla sudden I heard my cousin Von's voice. It's unmistakable, cos it's very deep, "huy, cuz, what're you doing?"

I looked back and he was there with his wife, his brother's wife, Matt (a friend from highschool) and another lady. She spoke, "yeah what the hell?"

I raised my eyebrows.

"Deb, I get everything else, but why would you hide from your wife on your wedding day?"

So I got married to a chick in a pyramid church, and in 5 inch pointies. Nice.

I stood there, amused at the situation, looking at my wife and thinking "you're pretty, but" yeah, kinda, uhh –ok honestly in dream it felt like she was a complete stranger, so. Strange bitch, aren't I? lol

So I ran. I ran down the entire, what seemed to be equivalent to 10 storeys of steps on one continuous slope– somehow managing to stay upright even though I was skipping steps in 5 inch stilettos.

I got to the bottom of the staircase and looked up at them all. Matt stood up right with his hands resting on his hips. He was the only one who wasn't panting from running after me. He looked at me wide eyed with a smile on his face that made me think, #challengeaccepted

I grinned back at him knowingly and faced sideways staring into the distance, before turning to look at Matt once more, before I started shifting my weight from foot to foot. My cousin knew what was coming, "oh come on, SERIOUSLY!?"

And at that I sprinted the fuck out of those stilettos it almost felt like I was flying. I looked back and cuz and Matt were just behind me, keeping pace. 

"Oi Deb, don't run more than a kilometer!"

I looked back and laughed, wiggled my eyebrows at Matt to which he shook his head at with a smile under his exhale. I spoke gently but firmly (I must've been a super athlete in this dream), "keep up boys."

And at that, I turned back around and sprinted so fast I could barely feel my toes touch the ground. 

______________________________

I kept sprinting for a while, before I woke up. And it's only been 3 hours since I fell asleep, and I'm wondering why I can't seem to sleep past 8am without waking up in anxiety these days. Heheh. But it's Sunday so, ni ni X

No comments:

Post a Comment